People decide to rent storage units at all points during the year. Sometimes the rental is precipitated by an event such as a move, or going home from college for summer break. But sometimes there’s not so much an event as there is a realization that your living space is simply way too stuffed. If you fall into this latter category, from an organizational perspective, there are lots of reasons to rent your storage unit in the Fall:
- The Summer/Winter Switchout. The Fall is a great time to clear space in your closet by putting your summer clothes into storage to make your sweaters, corduroys, hats, gloves, and coats more visible and easily accessible.
- The Toys Switchout. If you’re active and like to play, then it’s also probably a good time to clear some space by putting your summer gear in storage. Whether you have a kayak, camping equipment, climbing gear, or a boogie board, you’ll find getting these items out of your living space can be quite liberating. And while some people bike through New York winters, many are more temperate-weather cyclists. If you fall into that category, storing your bike for a few months can really make a difference in how you use your space–and in a good way.
- The Outdoor Furniture Switchout. If you live in NYC, chances are if you have a patio or balcony, it’s pretty small. Nevertheless, what furniture you have outside will be much better protected when it’s protected from the harsh winter elements. Storing your outdoor chairs, table, barbecue, hammock, and other summer items means you’ll have the benefit of them for years to come.
- The Holidays Are Coming. Between Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah, New Years Eve, and the many other celebrations that take place during the winter, you might be amassing decorations, paper turkeys, fake light-up pumpkins, laughing Santas, light-up reindeer, and other symbols of holiday cheer–especially if you have kids. Now is a great time to get your storage unit sorted out so when each holiday is over, you can pack up the decorations, label the box, and get them out of your living room!
- Gift Stash. In addition to storing holiday decorations, storage units are great for keeping presents a secret. Whether it’s an upcoming birthday, Christmas, Hanukah, a retirement present, anniversary gift, or any other surprise, having a place away from home will keep inquiring minds from ruining the surprise.
For information about how to store your stuff, be sure to call the storage experts at Citiwide Self Storage in New York City.